Sunday, April 10, 2011

Whimsy Stamps Guest Designer and Sneak Peek!!!!!

Hi again! What a busy weekend of posts huh? I will be back tomorrow too for WOC Challenge and Wednesday... Today is the Sneak Peek for Whimsy Stamps, Kenny K Sneaks! I've never colored one of these images before but I always wanted to. I think the images are so cute! A little challenging in the coloring department. I'm so used to Magnolia Stamps. So this Darling Kenny K image is called Biker Girl. The sentiment is also in the upcoming new release over at Whimsy Stamps it's called  Party Mini Letter Seal Sentiments. Wait till you see them all!!!

I chose this image because this is my mom! She has a Harley, is blonde and is so the Life of the Party! I have a very young and hip mom :) Her Harley is louder than her boyfriends!!! So anyways my mom loves red and orange colors but I wanted my her to wear black leather so if I would have went with orange it would have looked Halloween-y sooo I did red. I tried to go for a cleaner elegant look.. I was having a little bit of mixed feelings.. what do you think?

For more Sneak Peeks please visit the Whimsy Blog!!

Challenges
Kenny K - Spice it Up!









Me and my mom :)


Supplies
Paper - SU and Magnolia
Ink - Memento and Copics - E0000, E000, E00, E11, E13, R32, E51, E53, E55, E57, C10, C8, C7, C6, C4, C3, C2, C0, C00, R89, R39, R37, R35,
Accessories - Wild Orchid Craft - Poppies, 10mm red rose, pearl stamens, 4mm rosebud, Red Pearls, SU Ribbon, MFT Die, Stickles.

13 comments:

Janine - Ellabella said...

Gorgeous, adorable card Mindy, that girl looks absolutely beautiful and such wonderful coloring. Ohhh so sweet pic of your mom and you!
luv Janine

Chrissy said...

Fabulous image..coloured perfectly.I love the details..the colours..everything..great photo of you and your mom...Great job..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Crafty Lynz said...

This card is awesome!! love the image, i love Harleys too, and its very cool your mum rides :D
I think the black and red has worked really well, love the papers & flowers also! xx

Deb said...

stunning card Mindy, love the black and white with a little red, very elegant!
Happy Crafting, debxx

Anonymous said...

Wowzer Mindy!! What a beautiful card hun!! I love how you've done this image and your color choices are perfect!! Great sneak peek hun! Thanks for joining us!! Smiles, Vicki

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhh, Mindy....this is the perfect card for my son's next birthday...he is a Harley man! Thanks for the inspiration!!! Love,love it!

AdoraBella said...

Wow this card is adorable. I love this combination of colors and the red is so specific. I love it. And your coloring is just perfect. Good job :))
Hugs, Maria

Cecelia said...

This is great Mindy! I know your Mom is going to love it!

Hugs xx
Cecelia B

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Mindy.

Hugs Riet.xx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

I love this image :) Your card is amazing. Thanks for joining us at KKKGC.....

Hugs
Judith

Cheryl Valadez said...

Wow! Such a fabulous card! I love how the image pops against that crisp, white background! Great addition of the black scalloped border to frame it out. Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz ;D Hugz, Cheryl

tiggertastic said...

this is very very cool, and i love to hear of a female on a bike - well done on your guest DTeam spot

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card love how the image is the main focus & I sooo love the colours.
Thankyou for joining us at KKKG this week hope to see you again, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx