Saturday, April 9, 2011

Coloring Skies at Make it Colorful!

Hi there everyone! I just love the way this card came out. The challenge at Make it Colorful this week is Coloring Skies. I wanted a blue-ish purply sky to give the impression of it was a dark and gloomy day and it's clearing out and the rainbow is shinning! Did I accomplish that look? I LOVE the way it came out. I used Copics and I used BV00, V000, B41, B000 and BG0000 all in the sky. Then I used my Stardust Stickles for the shine. This is such a beautiful background from Make it Crafty it's called Rainbow Meadow. I used my Mini Magnolia Lion, I LOVE him!!!  I will be totally honest I had to to go look up lions online to get his color right. I think it's just DARLING!!! I  know what you are all thinking.. "WOW I can't believe she didn't put flowers" I can't believe it either. I didn't want to cover up the paper I think it's PERFECT and I didn't want to cover the image that took me hours to color! The little touch of Flowersoft was just enough, I think.

Anywho.. Have a great weekend. I'm going to be at my Great-Grandmother's 92nd Birthday Party! :)

Challenges

Make it Crafty - Coloring Skies
Paperplay - Critters
Papertake - Anything Goes
Stamptacular Sunday - Buttons, Bling and Blooms










Supplies
Paper - Echo Park Little Girl Collection, Su Cardstock
Ink - Memento and Copics - G20, G21, G24, G28, BV00, B000, V000, BG0000, C3, C0, C00, C8, C6, C4, YR12, Y26, Y21, E33, E31, R89, R39, R37, R35, YR12, YR15, YR20, BV04, BV02,
Accessories - Magnolia Doohicky Tilda Lace Die, SU ribbon, Oval Nesties, misc button, Flowersoft and stickles.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow what a super cute card!!!!
Love the rainbow colors such a cute image too!!!! Great job!!!!

Janiel/ janny said...

Very very cute Mindy!!! Loving all of the colors...
hugs and happy weekend dear!!
Janiel

Cathy said...

Beautiful cards,and I love you have used the animals. Very talented!

Janine - Ellabella said...

ADORE IT! Absolutely fabulous! Your work always gorgeous!
Hugs Janine

Chris said...

What an adorable card, Mindy! I think your sky is perfect. I can only imagine how gorgeous this must be IRL! On the screen, it is just amazing! What a wonderful piece of art. It's wonderful!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Deb said...

stunning card as always Mindy, love your sky and the touch of sparkle!
enjoy the rest of your weekend!
happy crafting, Debxx

Iulia said...

Gorgeous card, Mindy! Your coloring is always amazing and the scene is just fabulous!
Love the frame around your scene, great idea with the black it really makes pop out the beautiful image!
Hugs, Iulia

Candy said...

Mindy!
Your card is wonderful!!!!
Love your sky and your rainbow!
The little lion is so cute :o)
You used the perfect papers - love the bright plaid with the black die all around!
Certainly didn't need flowers on this one your decoration is great.
Hugs, Candy

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card Mindy! I love the sparkly rainbow and clouds.

Jennifer

Norma said...

Mindy, fabulous colouration as always. Love your use of black for your frames and borders. Love the card.

Hugs,
Norma

Chrissy said...

PERFECTION!!!...down to the last blade of grass....Fabulous job.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Mindy!! This is so very sweet girl!! I just adore that rainbow!! TFS!! Smiles, Vicki

Angie said...

THIS IS JUST DARLING MINDY!!! I love the sky...the rainbow...the meadow...everything. And your little lion just sitting there guarding his territory...how cute!

Angie

Card Crazy said...

What a precious card. I love this little lion and the background you created for him. The flower soft is the perfect touch!
Sue S.

Only By His Grace said...

A beautiful card Mindy. Your coloring is outstanding. The lion is gorgeous. I love the flowersoft at the bottom of your picture. The sky looks perfect and I see that every cloud has a silver lining. The rainbow looks lovely with the glitter too.
I hope you had a nice time with your great grandmother. I just had a lovely time with my grand daughter from New Zealand.
Hugs Maz

Beth said...

Soooooo cute, Mindy! Love your background and the FS! Great job!

Hanna said...

WOW, gorgeous, Mindy! Such a beautiful card sweetie, totally amazing! STUNNING! Love your colouring!

hugs,
Hanna

Sandy said...

Very cute - I think the lion will soon burst forth in song. I can hear him singing "Somewhere over the rainbow" Love the flowers along the front - your rainbow is amazing as are the clouds! Love it!!
Sandy

kraftykylie said...

Hey mindy
Your card is absolutely stunning!!! I love the blending of the colours for the sky. The sparkly rainbow is wonderful. That lil lion is just gorgeous. I love the whole thing!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Your coloring is just gorgeous as usual Mindy. The sparkle and flowersoft added beautiful texture touch on this card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a beautiful card Mindy, your colouring is wonderful!
Hugs Jacqueline

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Whoo hooo - love this card! Seriously, it's simple but it's says so much - it's perfect and I'm glad you didn't add any additional flowers. ;D Love the black lace around the center image - it really draws in your attention and frames your fabulous coloring job beautifully. Love it! :D Bam Bam