Thursday, June 25, 2015

Creating a 3D effect on your cards!

Hello there crafty peeps!

Today I have a little tutorial to share with you for my Richard Garay 'Make Amazing Girl' DT project! I made this 'Fun' little card to share with you. Aren't those balloons adorable! Well I'm going to show you how I made those by combining a couple of products, you might not otherwise combine. I always try to think outside the box a little and come up with something a little unique or at least use the products in a little bit of a different way.



Here we go.. Let's make some 3D looking
bubbly balloons!

So I used the little Celebra'tions Tag That (thought bubble die) for my balloons. 
Now, you see the coffee stamp set, 'Cup for two' off to the right.. I stamped the cup first, 2 times in the Captivating Coral Ink and then cut out the die. 


I then trimmed the points off of the bottom of the thought bubbles. Now they look like balloons!!!


Next, I used my Fun Stampers Journey Bloom Tool and got out the stylus piece and went over the entire backside of the 'Balloon' in a circular motion. You will start to see the balloon curl on the edges.


You can see the difference in the one I haven't done yet...


Doesn't that look darling! You have some bubbly little balloons for your card! 



Oh and take a look at those green splatters! I used the Lucous Green Liqid Silk. I just LOVE this stuff. It's like a  bottle of nail polish so when you tap on the lid you really get a great splatter effect!!


Well I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial. Until next time my freinds!

Celebra'tions Supplies





post signature

1 comment:

Bunny said...

Great tip, Mindy. The card looks so cute.