Friday, September 3, 2010

Cracked Fish Bowl Easel Card.

Friday is here and it's the last weekend of Summer for my kiddos. They will be back in school on Tuesday, but not before our busy, jam packed weekend! Saturday we have an all day Family BBQ I will get to see my Uncles and Aunts and my dad :) and brother and sister! I'm super excited! I dont see them all that often and when I do it's usually my party so I'm busy doing everything. Not this time :) Then On Sunday we are waking up early and driving out to Santa Barbara for my uncle, on my moms side, Wedding. So I will get to spend the rest of the weekend with my mom! We will be sleeping in her hotel and driving home Monday morning. Then Tuesday is back to school and a normal schedule!!!!

Here's my card for Just Magnolia, our theme for this week is Anything Goes I used used the Cracked Glass Technique. I had to use my favorite.. Little Mermaid Tilda. I just love her. I was looking through my Stamps and saw her in a fish bowl, I thought using the cracked glass on the entire bowl would look cool. I wanted to resemble a fish bowl sitting on a table, so I left the bottom of the easel card square and made it brown. I'm happy with the outcome.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Challenges

Just Magnolia - Anything goes










Supplies

Paper - Stampin up chocolate chip bashful blue and white. Arches water color paper.
Ink - Versafine Black, Distress inks
         Skin - Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo, Worn Lipstick
         Hair - Vintage Photo, Wild Honey
         Fin and Top - Chipped Saphire, Forrest Green
         Seaweed - Forrest Green
Accessories - Wild Orchid Crafts Lace and flowers, 25mm Baby Blue rose, Cream Wild  Roses, Old Swedish Lace Magnolia Doohicky die, Scor-tape, Dew Drops, Stampin up micro beads, Clear embossing powder, Martha Stewart Ribbon and Stampin up rub on.


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning card love the colours great technique but havent tried it. have a great weekend
Christine x

Gry-Beate said...

WOW, this is just beautiful!! Love everything about the card, and that lovely technique!!

;0)Gry-Beate

Gry-Beate said...

WOW, this is just beautiful!! Love everything about the card, and that lovely technique!!

;0)Gry-Beate

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful card....

Angie said...

Mindy,

Your imagination and creativity blow me away. What a cool idea and perfect execution! Awesome card!!! Have a great weekend :-)

Angie

Ms. Jen said...

WOW! Where do you even start telling someone how much you like a card like this. This is definitely one of those over the top masterpieces. Great job!

Kim said...

OMG Mindy this is absolutely AMAZING!!!! Love the fish bowl idea!!! Stunning work my friend!!!
hugs~ Kim

Renkata said...

FAB card, So beautifly done.

Cordine said...

It's absolutely STUNNING!
hugs
Cordine

Riet said...

So wonderful card Mindy,I love the image and the colours.
So beautiful papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Gorgeous! What a great card!
Hugs Jacqueline

Loz said...

Awesome, what a great idea, I love the cracked bowl! ♥

Elise said...

Ah yes! This is another AMAZING creation! I love the way you can think of something and make it come to life! GORGEOUS colouring and such a FABULOUS creation! I absolutely LOVE everything about this!

ps.. have fun this weekend! Sounds busy busy busy .. but TONS of fun! ;)

Hugs,
Elise

Jennifer said...

Your card is AMAZING!

Nancy said...

Oh Mindy, this is exquisite. Did you free-cut the fishbowl? I love blue and chocolate together and you used them to perfection. What a beautiful card. Thanks so much for sharing all your creations with us.