Saturday, September 20, 2014

Lili of the Valley and Gelatos PLUS a Tutorial!

 
Hi there all my crafty blog peeps!
 
Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I got home a little early from work and was able to sit and play a little. I'm trying to get some new ideas going for my classes and try to expand my little creative mind a little...It sure is nice to explore all of these new craft items I'm not used to. I'm like a little kid in candy store..
 I sure do love these Gelatos® by Faber-Castell. I decided to do a little 'How To' for you all.
So, I hope you enjoy it!
 
I took my Lili of the Valley Grunge Elements Stamps. and stamped a few of them randomly all over my 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 white cardstock with some versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder.



 
Then I took my Faber-Castell Gelatos® and scribbled the Pistachio Gelatos® over where the leaves are.Then, I scribbled the Butter Cream Gelatos® over the flowers. along the edges and around the butterflies I scribbled Acqua Dolce Gelatos®.


I dabbed a little water on my finger and in a circular motion I spread the Acqua Dolce color around the butterflies, first. Then I wiped off my finger and again dabbed in water and smudged the Pistachio color. Last, I did the Butter cream. With the remaining coloring left on my finger from the Butter Cream, I added a little color around the butterflies.
 


 
 Wait a few minutes for it to dry and then wipe the embossed area with a paper towel. This will remove the color leaving the white outline. a stunning effect, LOVE it!!
 


 
 Then I took some Whipped Spackle and added some to the center and around the embossed butterflies. Then I took my little poker pen and made some swirls in the Whipped Spackle.
 

 
I decided I wanted to break up the pattern a little so I cut this into 4 squares and put a white mat behind each piece. I also added some faux stitching around each square.

 
After applying then to my card base with the foam dots I decided to take some Glass Bead Glitter Gel and mix some of the Acqua Dolce Gelatos® into it making this gorgeous color that you will just love! I then added this to the corners of my card.
 
 
I used my Spellbinders Dies and my Lili of the Valley Quotables for the sentiment. I added some of my Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, ribbon and lace... and voila!
 



3 comments:

Sandra H said...

This is lovely thank you for sharing it x

Gea said...

beautiful!

Kelly L said...

Such a lovely creation, Mindy! Thank you for sharing the tutorial with us. :) Kel