Hi there Crafty friends!
Today I have a Fun Stampers Journey Post to share.
I want to share some of my tips on layering inks and creating a mixed media look.
Whether you are creating a card, box, tag or any other project. I suggest taking a piece of card stock that is a little larger than your actual project. For example, the piece I started with was a little bigger than this box I made using Fun Stampers Journey Treat Box Die DI-0006. Reason being is if your card stock fits your project you are going to be thinking where exactly you want to stamp each stamp pattern. We want a 'random look right, off-center. So for me this is the easiest way I can achieve that look.
So now I have my card stock I'm going to create a little collage.
- First I stamped my Ink Splat Stamp Set AT-0108 in my Pineapple Smoothie Ink pad IP-0014
- Then I stamped the Honeycomb Stamp AT-0090 in my Blue Lagoon Ink IP-0002 (stamping off one time first)
- Then I took elements from the Banner Party Stamp Set SS-0009 using both the Pineapple Smoothie and Blue Lagoon with the star and hearts.
- Then I took the little square with dots stamp from the same set and I did NOT ink it fully so I can have this scattered dots look using my Black Licorice ink pad IP-0041.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Lift ME Stamp Set AT-0008 also in Black Licorice.
- I added some Blue Sky Journey Sequins
After I trim my paper down to now fit my project I inked the edges in black giving a little border. Then, I added this adorable little Hot Air Balloon from the Lift Me Stamp Set. I used a foam dot to give this some dimension. Wrap some ribbon and pop a bow on and voila!
A daring little gift box!
I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and have a crafty weekend!
Fun Stampers Journey Supplies
The Crafters Cafe - Ribbon
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Penny's Papercrafting - Spooled Item
Creative Card Crew - Use a sentiment
Tuesday Throwdown - Up in the air