Thursday, April 23, 2015

Creating a Fun Stampers Journey Stamp Collage.

Hi there Crafty friends!

Today I have a Fun Stampers Journey Post to share.
I want to share some of my tips on layering inks and creating a mixed media look. 
Whether you are creating a card, box, tag or any other project. I suggest taking a piece of card stock that is a little larger than your actual project. For example, the piece I started with was a little bigger than this box I made using Fun Stampers Journey Treat Box Die DI-0006. Reason being is if your card stock fits your project you are going to be thinking where exactly you want to stamp each stamp pattern. We want a 'random look right, off-center. So for me this is the easiest way I can achieve that look.



So now I have my card stock I'm going to create a little collage.




After I trim my paper down to now fit my project I inked the edges in black giving a little border. Then, I added this adorable little Hot Air Balloon from the Lift Me Stamp Set. I used a foam dot to give this some dimension. Wrap some ribbon and pop a bow on and voila!  
A daring little gift box!



I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and have a crafty weekend!

 Fun Stampers Journey Supplies

Dies

Stamps

Inks

Accessories/Tools


Challenges
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Penny's Papercrafting - Spooled Item
Creative Card Crew - Use a sentiment
Tuesday Throwdown - Up in the air


post signature

8 comments:

Lizzy Smith said...

This is super duper cute!! I feel inspired to play with some background stamps now. lol Loving that ribbon too! TFS Lizzy

Unknown said...

Super little gift box and fab technique. Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we hope to see you again soon. Jennifer DT member x

Margaret said...

Great take on the theme. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret G.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous! Your use of color jumped out from the Bloglovin page! Love your background stamping too!

ahlers5 said...

Great box... love the stamps you used. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inspiration Destination this week.

Jan said...

This is fab thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan DT

*Vicki* said...

This is such a stunning box!! I love how the balloon really pops out on your design! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Tuesday Throwdown Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Rose Curtis said...

Love this box Mindy, I saw it at work and was so drawn to it... I was wondering whose it was... should have known it was yours! Gorgeous background and your balloon is so 3-D... it pops!