Friday, October 3, 2014

Limor Webber Designs FIRST DT post!

 
Hello everyone!!
Today is a very exciting day! It's my first post on Limor Webber's Design Team! I couldn't be more happier to be apart of this! :o)
 
I decided to make a canvas for my first project. I took the colors out of my daughters' comforters and then matched them to my Gelatos®.
 
First I laid a coat of white Gesso, then I created a rainbow using my Gelatos®  and at first it was very bold and the color was a little too bold compared to my girls' room. So I added more water and blotted the canvas until it lightened. Once it was dry I took my Gelatos® Double Scoop® Color – Black Licorice and went around the entire canvas, I used my finger and pulled some of the black into the rainbow in the same direction. I used the Prima “Bubbles” Stencil  and added bubbles with some molding paste. I shaved off some of all of the Gelatos® and added just a little bit of water over each of the shavings. Then I used my heat tool over them and it was such a cool effect! It bubbled and expanded and left some great texture to the canvas!
 
 
 I added my quote in some sticker letters and then decided to add some Tim Holtz Rub Ons, Crystal Circles. Then I got out this amazing stamp, IndigoBlu Bubbles Background and stamped all around the canvas and also on the wooden butterflies. I was just about finished and I wanted my bubbles to pop out a little more so I took my Water-colored pencils and traced some of the larger bubbles to define them a little.
 
 
 
One more thing I just HAD to add -- Glass Bead Glitter Gel.. just a little on the bubbles!
 
 
 
 
I really LOVE this and so do my girls. I hope you all like it!
Have a wonderful day!
 

4 comments:

Nana Loves 2 Scrap said...

Beautiful! You are so amazing and creative! Congrats on the design team. They are lucky to have you on the team!

Yasmina TIN SANG said...

Great job!! Love this canvas!!

Sandra H said...

It's gorgeous!

Terhi Koskinen said...

This is such a beautiful piece of art - love it Mindy! <3