Sunday, August 1, 2010

Magnolia-licious Challenge and RRR Challenge.

Happy August 1st! I cannot believe how fast this year is going by. My kids still have another 5 weeks of Summer vacation! everytime they start their arguing I ask them, "Is it September yet!" They look at me like I'm crazy.. I dont think they fully understand what I mean lol!

Since it's the first of the month you all know what that means! Time for another Magnolia-licious Monthly Challenge, over at the Magnolia-licious Highlights blog! It's my turn to host the challenge and I chose to make a T-Slider Card. There's a T-Slider Card Tutorial over at SCS. It's a little intimidating to try, but I had fun to make and it's fun to challenge yourself sometimes. I think the #3039 Longing Tilda goes perfect in the center of my card. I used my stampin' up inks and distress inks to watercolor. I hope you can join the T-slider card challenge! I cannot wait to see the entries!

The first of the month also means a challenge over at the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog! The challenge until August 15th is Black and White. It's a record for me in the last month, I don't think I've ever used so much black! I'm loving the cards though! So I hope you can join us over at RRR too! You can win a $10 gift certificate! There's such a great selection at the RRR Store too! 

Really Reasonable Ribbon - Black and White
Dutch Dare - Anything goes
Paperplay - Anything goes










Supplies
Stamps - #3039 Longing Tilda and American Crafts Sentiment
Paper - Magnolia Wedding collection Patterned Paper and Stampin up Cardstock
Ink - Versafine, Stampin up ink, distress inks
Accessories - RRR Black grosgrain dots, WOC Flowers - 35mm Cream Curly Wild Rose, 30mm Lilac Wild Rose15mm Lilac rose, 6mm Cream Rosebuds, Cream Pearls Small and Large, Stampin up hardware, paper doily, Scor-Buddy, Kaiser Craft Rub ons.

22 comments:

Tineke's hobby said...

Gorgeous! What a lovely card with wonderful details!
It's graet that T slider.
Hugs Tineke

Angie said...

Mindy, You do not disappoint! Gorgeous as always.

Angie

Dena said...

Cute card Minda! Love the black swirly paper! I've never tried this technique, maybe it's time!
Love your card!
Hugs, Dena

Renkata said...

Mindy , the design of the card is amaizing. Great details and colouring.

Cordine said...

Gorgoues card!
Hugs
Cordine

Julie M said...

Oh wow, Mindy - this is sooooo cute - love the layers and colours and that cute image.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay twice this week.

Julie :o)

Patti Jo said...

Sooo elegant with your black and pearls! The doily adds a nice background and of course your coloring is beautiful!!! This was a fun challenge and really does make a great card!!! Fantastic work Mindy!

Melanie-Jane said...

Oh Wow Mindy this is an amzing card. I love the colours how they fit together. Little Tilda is just to cute. Just Beautiful.

I wish you a great week.
Hugs
Melanie-Jane

Lorraine A said...

Oh WOW !!! what a fabulous card Mindy ,,, going back for another look ,,, all the deatils are just amazing !! I LOVE this !! :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous, Mindy! I love the black and white color scheme with the pretty pastel flowers. Tilda is beautiful, and you made this T-slider look too easy!
Hugs,
April

Sharon Caudle said...

Mindy, Mindy, Mindy....this card is stunning! I love the black and white, it's soooooo elegant! Gorgeous flourish stamp and yummy flowers! Fantastic card, girlfriend! I love it!!
hugs!
Sharon

Juls said...

this is so gorgeous and elegant! I love it!! Hugs Juls

Michele Kovack said...

What a fabulous card! Such stunning details!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a gorgeous card! Love how it opens, the Magnolia image, the colors, the embellishments... Thank you for playing along with us at DDCC.

Alice said...

Love this card! Just gorgeous!
Alice

XxJULESxX said...

wow the card is stunning!!!i love your blog too!!

Kim said...

So great to see this month's challenge using my technique! We had to scale down the written tutorial for space. I originally wrote the tutorial back in May and posted it on my blog. My blog tutorial is much more detailed and written "so a caveman can do it". If you check out my blog tutorial, you'll find it so much easier to follow!
http://www.paperpunchaddiction.com/2010/05/t-slide-card.html

Hope this helps! Feel free to provide the direct link to the tutorial on my blog. I also have instructions for the A2 size and triple t-slide at my blog as well. Thanks!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, stunning card! Thank you for joining us at Paper Play Challenge this week! :)

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

WoW...another stunning creation! I luv the style of the card. Beautiful colouring.

xoxo,
Lori

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Mindy,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Céline said...

Hi mindy!
fabulous card and project. Hrd to follpw in french but i'll try it hope i had made a good t-slide, comme to see it.
hugs
céline

XxJULESxX said...

wow! just stunning i love your attention to detail!!!