Friday, October 15, 2010

Just Magnolia... a sketch by Dawny.

Hello everyone, I hope yoou all had a great week I did! My friend Juanita told me about a new book and I started reading it this week and I'm in love! LOL The series is called The Black Dagger Brotherhood. I have been looking for an armoire for my crafts, I usually stand hunched over a counter high table, coloring and making my cards. So I've been wanting a Computer armoire. Last night my friend Lori borrowed her dads truck so I can pick it up.. boy it's a nice one! I cannot wait to get it set up and all my goodies in it. I will be posting pictures.

Well here's my card for Just Magnolia this week, challenge is a sketch by Dawny. I think I like my card... but it's so close to a card I just did so I feel cheated out of my crafting time. LOL! I know.. makes no sense. I will have to get a "craft fix" over the weekend, I have 2 cards I need to get done for Monday. For Wild Orchid Crafts and Magnolia-licious Highlights!

I'm really excited to share that this Christmas Edition Magnolia Ink is my very first EVER publication. I haven't seen the magazine yet but Angie said it's gorgeous and all of my projects made it in there! I'm so excited I cannot wait to see the magazine in person!


Challenges

Just Magnolia - Sketch
Magnolia Lovers - Sparkle
Cupcake Craft - Scary Creation
Everybody Art - Halloween
Stamp Something - Halloween
ABC - Flowers
Delightful Sketches - Metal Mania







Supplies
Stamps - #397 Witch Tilda
Ink - Memento ink, Copics
Paper - Pink Pasilee and Su cardstock
Accessories - Wild Orchid flower - Wild large roses ( I dyed it black), Purple Cherry Blossoms, Purple rose buds, Purple 15mm rose, Black lace, purple self adhesive pearls, Magnolia Tilda lace doohicky die,  SU glitter, Circle nesties, Tim Holts sponge, Mics charm.

15 comments:

Summite said...

Very gorgeous card, very halloween, but Tilda look very sympatic not very scary.

Juanita said...

You are so funny, glad you are loving the books. I love the papers you used in this card and that black flower is gorgeous. I mis our stamp class :(, especially when you used to pick me up and we would chat on our ride.

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous! Love the black flower.
Hugs
Cordine

Cor* said...

Gorgeous! how could you ever be disappointed after just saying you in the Magnolia Magazine numerous times!! Your work rocks girl! Woo hoo!! love the dyed flower! and the bling. Coloring is awesome.

Christina C. said...

OMgosh, this card is SPECTACULAR....every detail is magnificent! Beautiful work!!!!

Cec said...

Fabulous card. I love the colors and that awesome black flower and black lace. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutely gorgeous Mindy!

Faye said...

Oh Mindy, this is a lovely halloween card, really cute and I love the LO. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week. xx

Louise said...

Great card, totally wow actually. Love the image, you colouring, the embellishments and well I may as well say EVERYTHING about your card! Thanks loads for playing along with our Metal Mania challenge at Delightful Challenges.

Kylie said...

Just gorgeous Mindy!! Too cute :)
Hugs
Kylie

Judith Veldhuizen said...

this is really an outstanding halloween card! I really love it with those fab. colours!!

Greetings, Judith
http://artdogz.blogspot.com

Cindy2 said...

This might be the prettiest Halloween card I've ever seen, simply amazing. Thanks for sharing her at the MSL challenge. C2

Stephanie said...

Love your gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us this time at MSL and hope to see you on 10/24 for our purple and black challenge.

Handmade by Vivi said...

another beauty Mindy!
Thanks for joining us MSL!
Hugs,
Vivi

kelly said...

This is lovely Mindy,
I love the colour of your flowers.

Kelly